Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

« Home | Phat 5 Joints of The Week(08-08-05) » | Cookies and Cream » | Guess Who's Back » | Nas Finally Fires Back At 50 » | 25 Greatest Producers » | Encore » | It's A problem » | Karrine Steffans(Superhead) Name-drops in Her Book » | Mind Control Review » | State of The Arts » 

Friday, August 12, 2005 

Weekend News & Free Mixtapes

They say "excuses are like assholes; everybody's got one". Well, here's my excuse for not updating the blog for days: I've been doing more offline writing partly because O-Dub put me on blast while responding to my questions on "How To Be A Music Writer". Good thing I'm not familiar with writer's block, I've only heard of it. Rather I experience the opposite. What's that called? Writer's rush?

Now that NaS has declared his love for Jay-Z, I wonder what message boards would argue about next? Speaking of NaS, I find the album title NASDAQ DOW Jones a bit repugnant. He should consider naming his album "Nastalgia" instead.

Mixtapes:
Supastition - Beginner's Luck >> Ian from A Different Kitchen describes him as a less manic Canibus. You be the judge.

Custom Made - Sin City2: Street Cinema >> This L.A. collective returns with an intense mixtape sprinkled with precisely-picked bi-coastal beats. It's not the best release from Custom Made, but the opulence of succinct rhymes makes it a must-have for the die-hard Left Coast audience.
http://www.custommadehiphop.com/streetcinema2.zip

Who Run It?

  • I'm Rizoh
  • Reppin' Houston, Texas, United States
My profile

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz





Listening to



Blog Fam

Blogroll Me!

The Rap Up RSS/XML

Subscribe to The Rap Up

Add to My AOL

Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Google