Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

« Home | Weekend News & Free Mixtapes » | Phat 5 Joints of The Week(08-08-05) » | Cookies and Cream » | Guess Who's Back » | Nas Finally Fires Back At 50 » | 25 Greatest Producers » | Encore » | It's A problem » | Karrine Steffans(Superhead) Name-drops in Her Book » | Mind Control Review » 

Sunday, August 14, 2005 

Mailbox Terror

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Going to the mailbox is becoming more nightmarish and less rewarding for a Hip Hop fan like me. Why? Well, blame it on magazine subscriptions. Once a month, there's likely to be yet another Interscope artist on the cover of XXL(the only Rap magazine I receive in the mail) giving me that fake, cold stare. First they humped G-Unit's dick non-stop, next they decided to kiss up to Interscope in general.(That's right guys, the Jadakiss, and The Game issues were all for publicity and sales).

Before I make like Buckshot and say Fuck XXL!, let me remind you of the first and second episodes signaling the death of my one time favorite mag. Unlike Buckshot, I definitely don't see any good in The Source either. But, like Rakim said "competition is none" when it comes to 'real' Hip Hop reporting. Neither YN nor Dave Mays gives a 747 flying fuck about honest, unprejudiced journalism. It was all good back when the beef between both magazines was spinning full circle. Such tension helped them both tighten up their belts, and I enjoyed the outcome while it lasted.

Until I find another Hip Hop journal worthy of my $12 a year, it's ....saying goodbye,saying goodbye to XXL.

Link of The Day:
Do yourself a favor and read this excellent article on how Hip Hop Aides Africa in the Worst Way.

In this journey, you're the journal, I'm the journalist /

Am I eternal, or an eternalist


-Rakim ("Follow the Leader")


Who Run It?

  • I'm Rizoh
  • Reppin' Houston, Texas, United States
My profile

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz





Listening to



Blog Fam

Blogroll Me!

The Rap Up RSS/XML

Subscribe to The Rap Up

Add to My AOL

Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Google