And the 2006 Grammy Nominees Are...
(the ones you care about that is). The Rap Up top picks are highlighted.
Record of the Year
- Mariah Carey - "We Belong Together"
- Gorillaz - "Feel Good, Inc."
- Green Day - "Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl"
- Kanye West - "Gold Digger"
Album of the Year
- Mariah Carey - The Emancipation of Mimi
- Paul McCartney - Chaos and Creation in the Backyard
- Gwen Stefani - Love, Angel, Music, Baby
- U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
- Kanye West - Late Registration
Song of the Year
- Mariah Carey - "We Belong Together"
- John Legend - "Ordinary People"
- Rascal Flatts - "Bless the Broken Road"
- Bruce Springsteen - "Devils & Dust"
- U2 - "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"
- (Uncle) Ciara
- Fall Out Boy
- John Legend
Best Rap Solo Performance
- Testify - CommonTrack from: Be[Geffen]
- Mockingbird - EminemTrack from: Encore[Aftermath/Shady/Interscope Records]
- Disco Inferno - 50 CentTrack from: The Massacre[Shady/Aftermath/Interscope Records]
- Number One Spot - LudacrisTrack from: The Red Light District[Def Jam South]
- U Don't Know Me - T.I.Track from: Urban Legend[Grand Hustle/Atlantic]
- Gold DiggerKanye - WestTrack from: Late Registration[Roc-A-Fella]
- Don't Phunk With My HeartThe Black Eyed PeasTrack from: Monkey Business[A&M Records]
- The Corner - Common Featuring The Last PoetsTrack from: Be[Geffen]
- Encore - Eminem Featuring Dr. Dre & 50 CentTrack from: Encore[Aftermath/Shady/Interscope Records]
- Hate It Or Love It - The Game Featuring 50 CentTrack from: The Documentary[Aftermath/G-Unit/Interscope Records]
- Wait (The Whisper Song)Ying Yang TwinsTrack from: U.S.A.: United State Of Atlanta[TVT Records]
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
- 1,2 StepCiara Featuring Missy Elliott[LaFace/Zomba Label Group]
- They Say - Common Featuring Kanye West & John LegendTrack from: Be[Geffen]
- Soldier - Destiny's Child Featuring T.I. & Lil WayneTrack from: Destiny's Fulfilled[Columbia Records/ Sony Urban]
- Numb/EncoreJay-Z - Featuring Linkin ParkTrack from: Collision Course[Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam/Machine Shop/Warner Bros.]
- Rich Girl - Gwen Stefani Featuring EveTrack from: Love. Angel. Music. Baby.[Interscope Records]
Best Rap Song
- Candy Shop - Curtis Jackson & Scott Storch, songwriters (50 Cent Featuring Olivia)Track from: The Massacre[Shady/Aftermath/Interscope Records; Publishers: 50 Cent Music, Scott Storch Music, TVT Music.]
- Diamonds From Sierra Leone - D. Harris & Kanye West, songwriters; (J. Barry & D. Black, songwriters) (KanyeWest)[Roc-A-Fella; Publisher: EMI Unart Catalog.]
- Don't Phunk With My HeartWilliam Adams, Printz Board, Stacy Ferguson & George Pajon, Jr., songwriters;(Kalyanji Anandji, Full Force & Indeewar, songwriters) (The Black Eyed Peas)Track from: Monkey Business[A&M Records; Publishers: Careers-BMG Music, Zomba Enterprises, Saregama India, will.i.am Music, Cherry River Music, Printz Polar Publishing, Songs Of Universal, El Cubano Music, EMI Blackwood Music.]
- Hate It Or Love It - Curtis Jackson, A. Lyon, Jayceon Taylor & M. Valenzano, songwriters; (Baker,Felder & Harris, songwriters) (The Game Featuring 50 Cent)Track from: The Documentary[Aftermath/G-Unit/Interscope Records; Publishers: Black Wall Street, Each1Teach1, 50 Cent Music, Dade Co. Project Music, Zomba Songs, Golden Fleece Music, Mured Music.]
- Lose Control - M. Elliott, C. Harris & G. Isaacs III, songwriters; (J. Atkins, R. Davis & C.Hudson, songwriters) (Missy Elliott Featuring Ciara & Fat Man Scoop)Track from: The Cookbook[Goldmind/Atlantic; Publishers: Mass Confusion Music, WB Music, Royalty Rightings, Warner Tamerlane Publishing, Big Colorado Music, Deep Space Music, Publishing Corp. of America, Pure Energy Music Publishing.]
Best Rap Album
- Be - Common[Geffen]
- The Cookbook - Missy Elliott[Goldmind/Atlantic]
- Encore - Eminem[Aftermath/Shady/Interscope Records]
- The Massacre - 50 Cent[Shady/Aftermath/Interscope Records]
- Late Registration - Kanye West[Roc A Fella]
But let's not forget that Kanye owes Shirley Bassett a lot of money (and respect) for the success of his "Diamonds" single and remixes, yet he failed to credit the work to her in any way. Besides, dead.prez was the first to use that sample so let's not even start with the innovative bullysh*t(to paraphrase Quasimoto).
Anyway, I'll post the R&B list if i'm not too tired tomorrow.