T.R.U. Phat 5 Joints - **Special Edition**
5. 9th Wonder & Buckshot - Chemistry : This soul-by-the-pound project featuring BCC’s front man and Little Brother producer extraordinaire is definitely an underground favorite.
4. Pete Rock & Edo G - My Own Worst Enemy: School’s in session kids. Blazing beats and scorching rhymes to back it up are exactly what Hip Hop needs at the moment, courtesy these two living legends
3. DangerDoom(MF Doom&Dangermouse) - The Mouse & The Mask: What happens when you place two genre-bending masked geeks in the same room? A masterpiece indeed. Interestingly some Hip Hop fans will get a chance to receive free copies of The Mouse & The Mask this month.
2. Kanye West & Jon Brion - Late Registration : Jon Brion’s listed here as a collaborator because he adds a refreshing touch of instrumentation and musicianship to Kanye’s already monstrous production. Lyrics-wise, there’s a new and improved KonMan behind the mic.
1. DJ Muggs & GZA - GrandMasters: If you missed Hip Hop’s golden bliss era, then this chess-inspired album is for you. This is the ultimate Wu experience minus RZA beats. However, unlike Guru’s off-radar Premo-less solo joints, Shaolin’s sharpest lyricist still has some hard-hitting beats to spit to. The Grandmasters is defintely a winner.
Collaborations I'm Looking Forward To:
Cee-Lo & DangerMouse - Gnarls Barkley
Big Gipp & Ali - KinFolk
Ghostface & MF DOOM - TBA