Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

« Home | R.I.P. Proof » | Cuban Linx: Bow Wow to Ciara "Me No Like You No More" » | Pimp C on The Cover of Cheddar Magazine » | Wildin' Out: Willie D of The Geto Boys » | Cuban Linx for 4-4-06 » | Soundbites: The Game + Pimp C » | Ghostface Vs T.I. » | Cuban Linx for 3-28-06 » | The Rebirth of The Source: Don't Mess With Texas » | Dave Chappelle's Block Party Poster Contest » 

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 

Remembering Proof












Sometimes I wish for my demise I could kick it with Bugz - Proof ("Kurt Cobain")
For those who weren't fans of Proof but have suddenly jumped on the bandwagon now that he's gone, I've put together a mini playlist in rememberance of D-12's only legitimate wordsmith. Details of Proof's shooting have emerged, and as my hometown newspaper rightly puts it: this affords mudslingers yet another opportunity to blame hip-hop for random violence and senseless, albeit un-related killings.


Turns out dude was a fun guy, he has just finish whooping Twista's ass in the Snoop Dogg-commissioned Hip Hop Gaming League match-up. I was scavenging the site for Proof's freestyle video, since the PR lady deleted my copy from her server (hi Jasmine).

Proof Playlist

What People Do for Money : An older track.

Runnin Yo! Mouth ft T-Flam: Shows off Proof's emceein' acumen.

Ja In A Bra' :Tearing into Ja Rule during the Shady vs Inc debacle.

Clap Wit Me: One of my favorites off Searching for Jerry Garcia.

Forgive Me ft 50 Cent: An old 50 chorus is recycled here. This is vintage Proof otherwise. He pays homage to the D as always.

Slum Elementz ft T3: Proof + T3 = great combination.


I find it strange that Proof was chosen to be in Eminem's "Toy Soldier" music video where he was killed violently. But what's even more bizarre is the fact that he was on some suicidal-ready-to-die Biggie-type shit throughout his album Searching For Jerry Garcia, most notably on "Kurt Cobain." For those who still wonder why Proof died the way he did, go listen to the intro to Searching For Jerry Garcia, then you'll understand.

Who Run It?

  • I'm Rizoh
  • Reppin' Houston, Texas, United States
My profile

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz





Listening to



Blog Fam

Blogroll Me!

The Rap Up RSS/XML

Subscribe to The Rap Up

Add to My AOL

Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Google