Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

« Home | Chamillionaire - Can't Tell Me Nothing » | Video: Master P's Black Supaman Trailer » | Akon spits a hot 16 » | Cuban Linx 7-9-07 » | Photos: Garcelle Beauvais in Playboy » | Photos from Live Earth » | Top 10 Albums of 2007...so far » | Strong Arm Steady - Deep Hearted Mixtape » | Nicole + T.I. - Whatever You Like » | Cuban Linx 7-6-07 » 

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 

Raekwon Presents: IceWater
















Can you smell what The Chef is cooking?

Fact: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 (The first installment is one of my favorite albums of all time and obviously inspired the most prominent feature on this site) is now up there with Detox and The Growth as potentially-awesome albums that'll never come alive on the shelf. So, Rae figured he'd get his gwap elsewhere.

Peep game:
Under the tutelage of Wu-Tang Clan’s resident chef Raekwon, the four-man crew of Polite, Stomach, P.C. (Paulie Caskets) and D.C. (Donnie Cash) marks Staten Island’s return to prominence as a hotbed for fresh, credible talent. Die hard fans may remember Ice Water from their appearances on several tracks on Raekwon’s last album, 2002’s “The Lex Diamond Story,” as well as their opening stints for the Chef on his subsequent 30+ state tour. As Raekwon confirms, “We knew these cats had potential way back, but the timing wasn’t right. I always kept a radar on dudes, and when I felt they was ready mentally and lyrically, I helped ‘em get on.” Raekwon compares his protracted development of the group to raising pitbulls: “I’m training these pits. I’ve got them on the treadmill, and I’m beating ‘em, feedin’ ‘em hot sauce and steaks, so they’re ready for this industry.”

Honed and focused, Ice Water’s debut, Raekwon presents…Ice Water: ”Polluted Water,” will finally be released on August 28th on Babygrande Records...The album features Method Man, Busta Rhymes, Rick Ross, Three Six Mafia, Remy Ma, Jagged Edge & more.
I know what you're thinking, "Great, more B-list Wu-Tang clowns to worry about." Well before you make that call, peep their buzz single below:

Labels: ,

Who Run It?

  • I'm Rizoh
  • Reppin' Houston, Texas, United States
My profile

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz





Listening to



Blog Fam

Blogroll Me!

The Rap Up RSS/XML

Subscribe to The Rap Up

Add to My AOL

Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Google