Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

« Home | G-Unit Radio - Pt. 22 Track Listing » | Photos: Vida Guerra Loves Blackmen » | The World's Greatest Song? » | Sadat X - Black October Track Listing » | Friday Flix: Random Photos from VMAs » | Cuban Linx 08-31-06: Publicity Stunt 101 » | Soundbites: Lupe Fiasco ft. Sway - We Love You » | Cuban Linx (special edition) -- August Ruckus » | Pix: Chamillionaire, Missy, Ciara, at the VMAs » | Katrina Throwback » 

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 

Rakim Ain't No Joke

















(Click to see pictures from the Rakim concert)

-I know...I know, he needs to hurry up and drop that disc, right? Depending on how you view it, he might actually have a good reason for delaying it.

-He didn't go into the specifics as much as I would have liked him to, but I'm starting to think that he's not even completely aware of the specifics himself. e.g. The Nas track hasn't happened yet, but it's still on the coffee table.

-Not revealing the guests (other than Nas) is less of a business move and more of a who-knows-since-we're-still-recording situation.

-Needless to say, the live show was off the pliers. Some kid damn near touched the sky when "Microphone Fiend" came on. Wonder why Ra's head stays wrapped up in a towel, though. I felt so bad for sleeping on V-Zilla; dude is one of the illest lyricisits out of Houston right now.

-Ras Kass gave a decent show, even though he forgot some of his lyrics. Off stage he was a complete asshole. I saw dude backstage and complimented him on his performance (even though Houston wasn't feeling him), and he shook my hands and all. Then when, I asked him for a photo, he looked at me like I'm crazy and walked away. Not that I expected him to get excited about anything, but at least keep it polite and / professional.

-On the other hand, Ra was cool the whole time. Even though he rocked the stage longer (and better) than Ras, he stayed up for a while and hung out with fans, whereas Ras never showed up for our planned interview.

-On the whole, I had a nice time, but I was tired as fuck, and ready to hit the road. I must have left Warehouse around 3.am.

-Shout out to J Butters for helping me out a bit on this. Thanks to Matthew Kemp for teaching me the essence of "patience and persistence."

Rakim Concert Videos:

Warming up the crowd


"Paid in Full"


"Microphone Fiend"


Interview
Concert Photos
Concert Review

Who Run It?

  • I'm Rizoh
  • Reppin' Houston, Texas, United States
My profile

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz





Listening to



Blog Fam

Blogroll Me!

The Rap Up RSS/XML

Subscribe to The Rap Up

Add to My AOL

Add to Google

Subscribe in Bloglines

Google